DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Generally, the programme will prepare students for success in the commercial, non-profit and public sectors of the Ghanaian and global economies, while engaging in their communities. In particular, it aims at:
• Providing an internationally reputable academic curriculum based on strong theoretical foundations supported by applied research into the dynamics of business.
• Achieving the highest standards in student training by integrating professional and academic approaches to the study and practice of business.
• Providing students the opportunity to leverage on the experiences of faculty members whose backgrounds are of the highest standard.
• Providing students with adequate industrial internship and placement opportunities that facilitate their industrial maturity.
• Keeping close links with businesses and other institutions through collaborative ventures that will provide further opportunities for students to acquire experience in their chosen careers.
The overall objective of this academic program is to develop the students’ intellectual capacity, executive personality, and managerial skills in a manner that enables them assume entry-level managerial positions in business and industry, public sector organizations, consultancy companies as well as other organizations. Graduates of the program may also choose to start their own entrepreneurial business ventures.
The program will enable Students:
a) Use analytical and reflective thinking techniques to identify and analyse business problems, develop viable solutions, and make effective decisions.
b) Apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques in solving business problems.
c) Demonstrate competency in the underlying concepts, theory and tools taught in the core curriculum.
d) Identify and analyse relevant factors that influence decision-making in business.
e) Develop viable alternatives and make effective decisions in an influential business context.
Duration : 2-Year non-tertiary Programme
Credit Passes (A-D) in five (5) subjects including three (3) core subjects – English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies – plus two (2) elective subjects.
Credit Passes (A-D7) in five (5) subjects including three (3) core subjects – English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies – plus two (2) elective subjects.
The applicant must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application. Mature students must pass mature students’ Entrance Examination in Mathematics, English Language and an Aptitude Test. In lieu of entry examinations, the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside WAEC’s aegis).
International Students may be admitted on the basis of qualification from their home country, which would be referred to the National Accreditation Board for determination